Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bright Ideas Notebook by Marjie Kemper

Today I'm sharing a little notebook I made with the Inspiration Lightbulb stamps.  I stamped the blank bulb twice on manila cardstock and then 'filled' one bulb with mini gears from Borders A6 and another with the Notebook background stamp.  I stamped the bases of the bulbs onto Ranger's metal foil tape and popped the bulbs up on cardboard.  
The main tag is inked with distress inks and covered with the mini gears again.  Can you tell what I used for the frame around the tag? They're the rooftops and doors from Kat's Creations Our House plate.  I couldn't stop playing with them after making my first AS piece back at the beginning of the month.   The inside is filled with a combination of blank tags and notebook tags. 
I've used heavy black cardstock to reinforce my covers and Dylusions ink sprays, distress inks, black archival ink, and distress markers for my coloring.  
I'd love it if you'd visit my blog (and please let me know you came by so I can come see yours, too.)

Hope you have a wonderful day, and find some time for creative play!

Marjie



23 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...Marjie I think you've captured Summer on your Tag, gorgeous bold bright popsicle colours, just yummy...super crisp stamping too...loVe it...Mel :)

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

I love the colors of your tag, so bright !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous tags Marije, love the bright colours you have used!

Zuzu's Blog said...

Oh POW!!!! that colour just popped off the screen and gave me a wake up call... absolutely fabulous to see something so vibrant and fun. I love your use of the light-bulbs too.. very appropriate for an ideas notebook.

Glennis F said...

Absolutely brilliant - I love those vibrant colours

Artyjen said...

Lurverly zingy colours.....Great tag book.
xoxo Sioux

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous, vivid colours - love your inspiration light bulb stamping too... and all those tags on the inside just waiting to be filled!
Alison x

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is so bright and fun...love the gears in the lightbulb! Perfect!

Tigs said...

What a great way to use the houses stamp set. Lovely colours on your tag book covers.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic idea, a great project.

Kate Yetter said...

I love those light bulbs! Fabulous!

Brenda Brown said...

Sooooo creative Marjie, wonderful project.
Hugs Brenda xox

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great colors on this gorgeous tag!

greetings, Alie :-)

Lori said...

Awesome use of the stamps, Marjie! Love the creativeness! And LOVE the bright colors...what a fab way to use the roofs!

Redanne said...

Gorgeous tags Marjie, loving the vibrant Dyan colours! A x

Anonymous said...

i just love the brilliant colors in all your projects!

craftytrog said...

It's awesome Marjie!!! x

Lisa said...

Love it! The design for the front is eye catching, and the notebook tags are great!

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful and brightful colors
Love it.

Greetings Janny

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love this Marjie! It's bright and fun, and those lightbulbs are genius!!! Great pages as well!

Crafting Queen said...

Super creation, love the colours.

Weasel said...

Great use of the doors and roofs from Kats set - and the colours are lovely. Thanks for the inspiration - I have these stamps, and the inks, and some blank cardstock lol...

Buttonsetc said...

What a fabulous idea! I really like this little note book - 'cos I love writing lists!