Sunday 28 October 2012

Through the arches... Last Guest Designer Post by Yvonne Fay

I can't believe it's almost the end of October already!  I've so enjoyed my time as Guest Designer, thank you to Emma and Jennie for giving me the opportunity, and for the great products too!  Thanks also to everyone who was kind enough to take the time to leave comments.

For my last project I thought I would do another card, something a little bit different...
London through the arches
To start, I cut the base from chipboard, the background from watercolour paper and 2 oval frames from co-ordinations paper, it then embossed the frames with a brickwork texture fade, then sanding off some of the raised areas.
Base, background and arches

sanded arches
For the background, I firstly coloured with PanPatels to create a night sky, then stamped the London scene from the London plate, masking off the top with a piece of torn paper as I didn't want a hard edge. I then stamped the fly birds from the Birds of a Feather Plate at the top.
Now, at this point I forgot to take step-by-step photos, but it's not too difficult to construct.
Score and fold the bottom of the background and stick to the base, which has been inked with distress ink and stenciled with puff paint and gilding cream.  To join the arches and background together,and to al low them to fold down to fit in an envelope I used grungeboard hinges coloured with distress ink and gelatos.

For the bunting I stamped the bunting from the London plate onto canvas with gelatos - colour the stamp with the gelatos then mist lightly with water. I cut the bunting apart, hole punched, then strung on some twine and draped around the arches.

As a wee detail, I stamped the sneakers stamp onto shrink plastic and added to the base of one of the arches along with some moss to finish off.  I hope you like my last project and I've added a few close up photos below to show some of the detail.  Thank you for looking,

Bye, Yvonne.







8 comments:

Art From The heart said...

Absolutely FANTASTIC !!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A clever make and great colours! Trace x

Caroline said...

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC I LOVE IT. Caroline xxx

Claudia N. said...

Lovely idea!!! Looks absolutely gorgeous!

die amelie x

Pollydoodle's Cakes said...

INcredible art work. The detail is amazing. Well done on another fab project. : )

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful.

Greetings Janny

Words and Pictures said...

Love the dimensional viewer - what an inspired project! Great GD month...
Alison x

Artyjen said...

The shrunken sneakers are a fabulous touch ;)
xoxo Sioux