Monday 8 September 2014

Autumn Journaling by Alison Hall

Hi Everyone! Have you joined in with Kate Crane's Art Journal Calendar Challenge? I decided to take part this year, & I thought I'd share my September journal page with you.


Here's what I used...

Watercolour Paper (27 x 35 cm)
Water Spray Bottle
Dylusion Ink Sprays - Fresh Lime, Cut Grass, Postbox Red, Squeezed Orange
Archival Ink - Venetian Orange, Potting Soil
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Alteration Die - Tattered Leaves

And here's what I did...

1. To start, I sprayed water all over my paper. Then I used the inner plastic tube of the Dylusion Inks to flick my chosen colours all over. I love this! It looks like a Dr Who intro! Lol!


2. Next, I laid another piece of watercolour paper over the top, to take up some of the ink. Here are my two pieces.


3. I chose to use the bottom one, dried it with my heat gun, then spritzed some more colour on it, & flicked more of the inks, until it looked like this.


4. I then used the Venetian Orange Archival ink to stamp the botanical encyclopaedia background on some manila card. I die-cut 30 leaves for each day of the month, then inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink.

5. I used Potting Soil Archival ink to stamp a few leaves onto my background, then stamped the Autumn phrase in the bottom right corner. On a spare piece of stamped manila card, I stamped September 2014, cut it out, inked with Vintage Photo, then glued to the top left of my page.

6. I glued all of the leaves in place, then used Potting Soil Archival to stamp the numbers.

7. I finished off by inking the edges of my page with Vintage Photo Distress ink. 

Here's another look at my finished page, all ready to start my daily journaling :)


My page fits in nicely with this month's Artistic Stamper Challenge, which is 'Autumn Colours'. Don't forget to join in if you haven't already. There's a prize up for grabs for one lucky entrant!

Thanks for visiting,
Alison xxx

10 comments:

Kirsten said...

Fab page, the background looks great.

Helen said...

Great page, love the leaves for your diary, and the colours are fabulous!

Julia S-W said...

Love how you've created those layers of colour Alison and the leaves are perfect!
Julia xx

massofhair said...

Do you like the new Dr Who Alison, i do!

Stunning pages, great idea to use leaf shape for your days. Stunning background with lovely layers :-) xxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Brilliant background!

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Fall colors Alison!!! Love this piece!! ~Sophia

Astrid Maclean said...

Fab page Alison! Love how you used the leaves!

I used to do Kate's challenge some years back, but haven't for ages, maybe next year, it was loads of fun...

Astrid Maclean said...

Fab page Alison! Love how you used the leaves!

I used to do Kate's challenge some years back, but haven't for ages, maybe next year, it was loads of fun...

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Loving the background and how you achieved it looks brilliant. Dee x

Cocofolies said...

Looking at this post by chance as I miss time to much to see all, this page is very gorgeous!! TFS :D Coco x